Sunday, October 20, 2013

Last Meal Syndrome

Hey guys! This past week has been an all out binge fest. No bueno indeed. Since my decision to go forward with Lapband surgery, I have decided that I need to eat all of my favorite crap since I will most likely never be able to eat like this ever again. McDonalds, full-fat Starbucks drinks, ice cream, steak, brunch, pasta, chewy white breads, fast food anything......oh I have been really bad. Part of me realizes that this is the worst idea ever, but another part of me (the really unhealthy side of me) thinks this is necessary. In all reality I really should be starting my journey with food now and learning to eat smaller portions, stick to high protein/low carb options, chew thoroughly and drink lots of water. Soon enough I will be launched into a liquid only diet and wont be able to eat "normal" food for months and never again eat the obsuredly large quantities of food that I typically consume. I know that it will make that transition a hell of lot easier if I ease into it slowly instead of eating like an asshole right up until the pre-op diet (2 weeks of liquids only). Tuesday is my first appointment with the practice's Dietician. I'll learn all about the banded "diet" and hopefully be inspired to start early on the better choices. Wish me luck!

BTW... Today is mine and Jake's One Year Anniversary (lots of celebrating with food). Here is a pick from our dinner last night. I have cropped out Jake per his request. He was not a fan of how he looked in the pic. I am definitely not a fan of how I look in this pic either. It is actually one of the worse ones I've taken in a while. But the purpose of this blog is to bare all, so here you go. This will make a good "before" pic =)

No comments:

Post a Comment